Simple communications from room to room can also include capability for music in each room or the addition of video. Intercom Systems can be used to:
- Answer your front door with out opening it to strangers, or talk to all members of your household with the press of a button.
- Talk and listen with out pressing buttons each time
- Monitor a sleeping baby from any room in the house
- Listen to music
Video capability can be added to allow you to verify who is at the front door or to observe a particular area.
Wired and wireless systems are available.
It may be wise to set out by asking yourself the following questions for your home intercom plans:
- Do I want door intercom?
- Do I want entry video monitoring?
- Do I want room-to-room intercom? Do I want wholehouse broadcast intercom (paging) or handset intercom? Or the both?
- Do I want a wholehouse audio system?