Know Your Entry/Exit Passcode
- When your alarm system was installed, the installer asked you to select a secret entry/exit Passcode – the sequence of numbers (usually 4 digits) that you press into the keypad to arm or disarm your system.
- You probably selected a number that would be easy to remember for you and others who would be regularly using your system.
- However, the Passcode is not recorded anywhere and it is not on file with the alarm monitoring company.
- When the alarm monitoring company calls after an alarm activation occurs, your Passcode may be the first thing that you recall, simply because you use it so frequently.
- Remember, your entry/exit Passcode is not your Password.